Wednesday, April 11, 2012

'A Silhouette Story' - Short Film - Best Direction Award

Whenever I see a short film that inspires me in filmmaking, I like to share it on this blog. Here is my latest short film finding, 'A Silhouette Story', a Norwegian short film directed and edited by popular YouTuber 'Andyax'. The films protagonist is a lonely girl who meets a mystical creature in the woods, the creature helps her in life and shows the importance of being 'open minded'. The whole film shows the characters in silhouette form, with hand painted pictures in the background which make the characters stand out nicely. The film was awarded 'Best Direction Award' at 'The Gathering 2012' festival by 'The Karate Kid' director 'Harald Zward'. I think this film definitely deserved to win the reward, and I cannot wait to see more films from this director in the future. There is also a link at the end of this video which takes you to a behind the scenes/ making of video which shows how they achieved the silhouette shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment